11.20.2008

Hau!!

I landed in Hyderabad on Sunday. The airport is fabulous. Is quite international than most. After the initial super impression, I moved to the city. The last three days have been so low. I haven't yet received the ID, laptop, phone etc. from moi organization. Spent the last few days playing table tennis wearing a visitor's badge. Kicked everyone's butt bigtime. Finally someone ventured to ask me a question,"Excuse me, are you an employee of xxx?" I said,"Yeah, they recently hired me as a table tennis coach". A big gryn which indicated,"No wonder this bugger is kicking our butt". People are so trusting. I had a momentary qualm but let it go. I need some small kicks to pass the time. By the time he figures I am in the Sales and Strategy team, it's going to be too late.
People are quite polite. I felt like a New Yorker visiting Nashville. The only stain on the so far clean canvas is the rickshaw guys. I feel like I am bargaining for vegetables. Sigh! Another week and moi car should be here.
Anyone in Hyderabad please holler. I need company...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet the Hyd rickshaw guys r no match 2 their dilli counterparts

Anonymous said...

I wish you all the best for new job and hope most of your experiences will be great. Keep us updated about this city and its food. I hear so much about Hyderabadi food.

Monika said...

congrats for the new job!!!

San said...

new start?

ichatteralot said...

Goodness! Why should I go to China - of all the places! I am very much here but silent :)

White Magpie said...

Lost: I agree on that. Nothing can match Dilli in some respects.

Alka: Thanks!! It's been good so far. I am not a fan of biryani or of food for that matter but moi taste buds haven't complained so far.

Monika: Thanks!!

San: Yup!! Wanted a change of pace and place. So far it looks like I made the right move.

Ichatter: Ah!! silent eh? whatever happened to ichatteralot?

Neha said...

Im surprised there's nothing about the traffic.. oh of course that'll come once u get the car :)

The autos are the most dangerous things to travel in btw.. they driev like crazy ppl.. Iv sat in one of them just once.. never again! he went racing with a bus!!

People are fairly decent and helpful though.. but just try and get things done here.. anything.. ull need soooo much patience :) very laidback..

Iv been here for abt 8-9 months now.. I still miss Delhi, where Im from though :)

White Magpie said...

Hey Neha: The traffic is certainly unpredictable. I could write an entire article on that. I am right now in a major house hunting phase. Right now even PGs ;) (no sharing room) will do but haven't have had any luck so far. I haven't had any complaints so far. I like the pace. But house arrghh..