3.21.2009

Cloudy Reflections

You enter into my night a stranger, yet what seems a lifelong friend.
Never meeting, yet our souls connect, are you reality or just pretend?

The slightest thoughts cause a spark that lingers instead of fleeting.
Am I to know, am I to understand, emotions rising from touches so brief in meeting.

The world seems full of vowed lovers whose hearts are filled and have been taken.
Other hearts left feeling so empty and broken, living a life unfulfilled and forsaken.

Souls giving way as if looking at a reflection.
Yet life circumstance, distance the desires, the dreams, breaking the connection.

Paths meant only for the crossing and a moment in time touching.
A union beyond the grasp, a joining that never will be, heartbeats fading, realities crushing.

The heart now settles, imperfect connection
Mystical moments in a cloudy reflection.

Current music: Freiheit - Keeping The Dream Alive

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, so beautifully written.

Monika said...

lovely

Anonymous said...

Really nice!!!!!!
btw, live the moment and make it memorable

Lubna said...

Hi
Nice to hear from you Magpie. Hope you are healing. When I am feeling down, my fav song is ABBA's Chiquitita. - Try once more, like you did before, sing a new song Chiquitita.
Best wishes

mystic rose said...

Actually this felt almost too sacred, so I didnt want to write anything here a few days ago earlier(when I read it). Its soo from the heart, I can feel the longing you've described so well here.