Almost forgot. Saw a whole lot of movies on the weekend. Skipped Milk, Full Metal Jacket, Scarface and The Shawshank Redemption. Replaced them with Requiem for a Dream, Spirited Away, Lord of the Rings and Snatch (repeat). But "The Reader" caught my complete attention. Kate Winslet's metamorphosis from the largely sexy tram conductor to the decidedly unrecognizable prisoner was superb. The spoken and silent dialogues, suddenness of the plot and the Reader(Ralph Finnes - older and young male) matched every curve of her body. Ralph Finnes was absolutely classy as the older male and the younger one reminded me of the innocence that no longer is. On hearing the judge sentence her to life imprisonment, I was reminded of Emerson: "Commit a crime, and the earth is made of glass....Some damning circumstance always transpires". Victims of war continue to live long after the war is over. And the OST by Nico Muhly was fabulous. Clear piano notes have always drummed my fancy. Perhaps it goes way back in my childhood when I used to dream about having a full size piano in the living room. Now, thinking of the absurd amount of money I used to spend in 5 star bars listening to someone play the piano gives moi wallet a heartburn.
The blot on the movie list was surprisingly "The Memento". It didn't grip me at all. I lost interest halfway through and gave in to moi hunger pangs. Disney's "UP" unfortunately didn't match the excitement it created within me with "Finding Nemo, The Cars" etc. The initial 15-20 minutes almost made me lost interest but it caught up well after that. Hostel was a little scary :). Could be more than little scary for a lot of people but I enjoyed it. Also saw "The Revolutionary Road and Requiem for a Dream" but those movies deserve a seperate review by themselves. Awesome ones, really.
Current Music: Sam Brown - Stop
No comments:
Post a Comment