I chucked the Bangalore opportunity. I can't work with a company that has no respect for a person's time. After eons, they sent across an offer. I was working on something online when their email popped up. I emailed back - 'Not Interested'. Their HR head called up and yada yada. Well - we are not in the excuses business, are we? If this is their working style, I shudder to think what I would probably have to get used to if I join. I explained this without any sweetener to her which probably miffed her a little. The practice head called me in the next 5 minutes - "Why did you reject the offer? We can negotiate." I said we could negotiate on the CTC but not on my time. I wouldn't like to work for a company that sends an offer 40 days after I have met them.
But I think it's all for the best. I am in talks with some interesting folks from the industry. Even if something doesn't materialize according to my objectives, this itself was a great learning experience. After all, it's not everyday you get to talk to the Father of Indian BPO, isn't it? The point is everyone likes me, my work and wants me to join them but some nice juicy carrots would be nice.
I met another pioneer from the industry today. It's interesting that after you reach a certain level, the talks revolve around trends and opportunities rather than what you have mentioned in the CV. I was telling him about the changing market, window of opportunity and what his company needs to do to capture the chunky slices of the pie. It was almost like a family discussion in choosing a bride for the son. He asked me to give him two weeks to create a role for me. Sigh!!
The mercury is going to kill someone here methinx. 44 degrees celcius :o You can feel the hot air when you take a deep breath at 6 am in the balcony. I've got to take some tips from the native Hyderabadis. Thank God for the pool. Amongst everyone, I must be the one spending the maximum time inside. I've learnt swimming the right way though :) Wow..Didn't know its so easy. Reminded me of the time I learnt to cycle. And other firsts.
The rains went berserk on Friday. In the 30 minutes it took me from Madhapur to my place, I saw a tree topple in front of me, a traffic police stand fall over another car and two motor cyclists taste the earth. Zero visibility added to the woes. I almost ran over the 2 motorcyclists. And Bruce Dickinson was going wild inside with Power Slave. It was awesome. The fury of the rain.
Current Music - Iron Maiden - Power Slave
2 comments:
Woah 40 days is definitely long!! :) Good to hear abt ur professional experiences and really dint know tht u r at such a position where ppl r willing to create roles for u! Thats awesome for sure.
Well, it may not be 44 here, but the mumbai heat is equally killing!! Hate the humidity here. Hope it rains here soon!
Yeah. Whatever anyone does, taking someone for granted like this is a bit too much :)
It went 44.5 yesterday. Almost fried everyone up and the next few days are going to be the same :o
Post a Comment