Last evening I was chilling at home with some friends. One of the girls decided to go to a nearby store to buy some juices and food. In Hyderabad, I live in one of the neatest residential areas and would like to swear by its safety and unconditional comfort. Till yesterday.
She called me up on my cell on her way back to check whether we needed anything else. And then she screamed and cut the phone. Befuddled, I called her back to hear her panting and abusing in rage, "Bastard. Assole. Mad******. I will fucking kill you". All this from someone whom I have not known to utter even the mildest abuse in jest. Absolutely prim and proper lady. I knew some bad shit happened. She yelled again,"These two bastards molested me and one is running in the direction of your house". And with that I could hear her running again.
By then the other two girls in the house knew something was wrong. We ran to the basement, got the car out and went in her direction. All in 120 seconds. On our way we would see one person running in our direction. I veered the car in his direction. Even while I was driving, the girl next to me opened the door to slam dunk him. The bastard somehow sidestepped the door and ran on. I stopped the car in the middle of the road and followed. Cursed my cigarrettes but the will was strong and made up for the stamina. Caught him after a 300 metre chase. Thrashed the shit out of him. By then the girls caught up with us including my friend who was molested by him and his friend. She was talking on the phone while coming down the road whilst these two vermin were coming in the opposite direction. The street lights went off at that moment and one of the two squeezed her breast. And continued to walk as if nothing happened and just casually turned to see her reaction. My friend said all her thinking stopped. She saw red. Felt dirty. Bloodhot. And ready to kill. She ran after him screaming at his friend to stop him from getting away. And then when she saw them running in opposite directions, she called me.
The girls drew their sandals. My friend had turned into a mad hatter. By then a crowd gathered and joined in the fray. I let the guy have it in full throttle. He was a carpenter. A 16 year guy from Delhi who came to Hyderabad to work with his uncle. He looked 25, big and strong. I could sense the strength flowing through his blood while I thrashed him. It was only the my anger and adrenalin coupled with his fear that allowed me to kick his ass. And in such situations, I guess that is what matters. The guy who ran away was 16 too. He got the bashing of his life till the cops arrived which was a cool 30 minutes. We took the cops and the guy to his house to pick up the other vermin but he had escaped. Frustrated, we returned to the police station and filed a complaint. Let me tell you - the cops have a different way of kicking butt. The sound emitted from his throat had a different quality to it from the one on the streets. We didn't feel sorry for what we did. 16 years or otherwise. These are the guys if unchecked who go on and rape 5 year olds. The senior inspector told me they would catch the other guy by midnight.
We returned home, played some scrabble to relieve her trauma. A Breezer helped her. Anything stronger and she would have been knocked out. Her family's reaction to it was even more traumatic which pissed me off even more. Blew my top. I asked her and a couple of other girls to sleep over for her to avoid post traumatic stress and her pathetic inlaws. Her husband came over and stayed too. My hands shake in anger even as I write this.
Current Music: Behemoth - Be Without Fear
7 comments:
This is the one depravity in our society that makes my brain explode as well and all I see is red.
I dont know what pissed me more - the two pathetic insects or her inlaws. Society still has a long way to go before women get their due.
I'm shaking in anger reading this...seriously!!! Had a similar experience in Bangalore once, many mny years ago - but I still have nightmares about it!!
What did her in-laws say/do?
They didn't even bother to ask about the incident or calm her down. When I told them about the incident, they didn't bat an eyelid. Bet they would have acted different if it was their daughter. On second thoughts maybe not. I told them they are officially outlaws now.
Night - Don't know what you mean by irreparable but here's my take.
I would have agreed with you but 90% of the men in India? That means either you know exact 90% of men or complete 100% to be able to use this as a yardstick. Be careful when you use numbers.
Secondly on what's the difference -I agree all actions are byproduct of thoughts but you cannot be charged or punished for what you think. Else there are women too who think the same way. Also, I am sure you agree that there is a difference in being actually raped by a man than being thought of a sexual object by man. The emotional, physical and psychological trauma that follows is completely different in an actual act that follows a thought. That also partly explains any such acts happening online although how it can happen one-sided online only a mystic can explain.
True - the world is full of people with repressed urges but the difference between people is in their ability to control their urges and/or purge them.
And if you are not writing to be published, don't write at all.
Lastly, I dont think you have grown up - in India or elsewhere as mentioned by you in your first line. Rather only aged ;) (pun intended whoever you are)
You're right, I'm sorry, my mistake to lump everything together and vent here. But this is a really sore topic for most women :)
Post a Comment