Darkness has a peace of its own. London had its first taste of snow this evening. And the Cindrella hour turned out to be 'Silent Night'. A perfect time to put those hanged boots on and trudge through the white landscape with the wind sounding strange whistles in the air. You could sense the silence or perhaps it was the lack of activity on the path. I have been waiting for the snow for a long time now. Last year was my first experience with it and I fell in love. For me snow is a state of being 'undisturbed'. You see people out only cause its necessary and with a purpose - whether its kids building a snowman or someone rushing to the grocery store.
Tonight turned out to be worth the wait. After spending the evening viewing Foxy's 50 Ultimate Slow Dance collection and reviving the yesteryears joined by Uncle Jack Daniels, I stepped out after judging it had inched enough. It was beautiful. I can imagine how Alaska must be in its glory. It was icy all around but not cold - if it makes any sense. The usual ten minutes around the area took almost 25 with a couple of missteps thrown in. I realised I had never sat on the park bench at midnight before and certainly never in the snow. Lighting the Benson, leaning back against the snow filled bench and Pink Floyd's 'Wish you were here' filtering through the pods, it was pure bliss.
Current music - Jann Arden - Insensitive


3 comments:
saw the snow for the first time this year. Will be writing about it.
Your article is very value, the beautiful snow.
Nice Pictures.............
Post a Comment