There are some books and movies which offer an insight every time you repeat them. It was no coincidence that I watched 'No Country For Old Men' and 'Mili' back to back. The Cormac McCarthy book is lethal. Tops my list of alltime favourites and I dont say it lightly. But this is about Mili. The Aruna Irani line ' Mili tumhare bina bhi mar sakti hain' raised my hackles. There's so much innocence and simplicity backed by some powerful songs milling around those 100+ minutes.
As I watched 'No Country For Old Men' before 'Mili' I was thinking of the human body and mind. It's got to be the most complex piece of software and hardware ever. It beats the most complex computers, satellites or whatever you would like to compare it to. This small box containing the lungs, chest safely encompassed with ribs builds and destroys (depending) your entire experiences and directs your life. Shouldn't we dwell on knowing it in its entirety than looking at satori outside?
Current music: Mili - Aaye tum yaad mujhe
2 comments:
well good i visited your blog today. Was in search of a good read.
Surely you jest..but thank you.
Post a Comment