Hush now, don't you cry
Wipe away the teardrop from your eye
You're lying safe in bed
It was all a bad dream
Spinning in your head
Your mind tricked you to feel the pain
Of someone close to you leaving the game of life
So here it is, another chance
Wide awake you face the day
Your dream is over... or has it just begun?
Silent Lucidity - One of my eternally favourite songs sung by Queensryche. As I was cruising down memory lane this weekend, the RJ belted this one out of the blue. Call it synchronicity but it transported me immediately to the ole days of college which were only filled with music, computers and joy. When time was color. I was living in a total feckless time where we wore a watch only during exams, came home in the mornings with the milkman and the bylanes of the collage comprised of our whole world. A bygotten era - where time, money, fashion, people, opinions were like an arsehole - everyone had one. When we did what we wanted to. Where thought and action were synchronous. Whenever, wherever. As the song neared an end, I jogged the volume dial down and headed to the beach. Where SOMETHING HAPPENED.
19 comments:
..and *what* was that? Lucid dreaming? Thanks for the quote :)!!!
Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog. You have an interesting one here.
Nice.. *sigh* those were the days, when one was free of cares. And now we are all gron up.. or are we? Is it a thin veneer to make us look like it, while inside we still want to go back to those times?
PS: Pearl Jam are coming out with a new CD. A couple of singles are out on itunes. Personally I also like evolution and I am mine too..
But then again, I like almost all their songs.
reminiscences...
You went down the to the beach and something happened. Looks to me like a lot happened.
Its true, songs make memmories come alive...
Very nicely written...especially liked the "...everyone has one" part
Cherie cherie lady - Muh pleasure..
Lubu - Will be visiting often to hear more forms of torture from bossie :)
Demi - Gehrai ka andaaza lagaana kabhi kabhi mushkil ho jata hain :)
Ah karmic - I for one havent grown up..Just aging hehe..On another note, methinx maybe incomplete moments cause us to be nostalgic if nothing else..Else no reason to go back in time, wot?
Sujay - Heaps happened but am not finding the right words to describe it. Working on it tho.
Nice! Especially the bit about dreams just beginning!
sounds idylic.
Demi: Mmm
Blue: The whole one is amazing...
Cocaine: Have you heard it before?
hey!! u scaring me now!! I am still in coll...and well, in a few months will be outta coll...hopefully, I wouldn't writing a post like this!!
Best advice: Keep one subject hanging so u have a legit reason to visit college ;)
wr r u?
I saw Queensryche in concert twice just to hear them play that song. I get tingles every time I hear the opening sequence and "Hush now don't you cry..."
Sujay:
Right here. New one coming up.
Meena: Ye lucky gurl. Those are the times I wish I was in the US or UK. My right arm lays in waiting to be cut to see Pink Floyd and Alan Parson live..
"time, money, fashion, people, opinions were like an arsehole - everyone had one."
That's rather TOO quotable, man.
Now tell us about what happened.
hello...waiting...
Indeed.
That's a great story. Waiting for more. » »
Very nice site! Girls on top of guys porn hosting usenet newsgroup server Coupon provigil Buy fluoxetine online dream pharmaceutical Bestfilters.com water filter chart.asp Italy india singapore singapore singapore email webhost canadian dedicated hosting western union algeria budget webhosting Wedding invitations discount online Site www tperkins com anal Medical and dental coverage free patent database Converse maverick basketball shoes Honda top end gasket cb125 1975 Wireless laptop on the road stop smoking cigarettes quitting download pamela anderson tommy lee video pictures big fat penis
Post a Comment