8.30.2006

Picked this from Prmod's "strange,very strange"

Rules of the tag: No Indian, Icelandic or Japanese music. No instrumentals. All information valid through the last couple of week, hence not much thought, and all rankings/lists liable to change without notice or fanfare.

My Top Five Most Heard Songs of the past few weeks:
1 - Vincent - Don Mclean
2 - Love Song for a Vampire - Annie Lennox
3 - Prime Time - Alan Parsons Project
4 - Master Blaster - Stevie Wonder
5 - License to kill - Gladys Knight

Top Five Feel Good/Cheer me up/Anti Depressant Songs that I can think of:

1 - What does it matter - Molly Hatchet
2 - Space Station - Montrose
3 - How about that - Bad Company
4 - Why go - Pearl Jam
5 - Slave to love - Bryan Ferry

Top Five feel like shit/Life sucks/Ultra-Depressing songs of the moment:
1 - Leaving on a jet plane - Chantal Kreviazuk
2 - Jealous Guy - John Lennon (This is a all time depresso awesome song)
3 - Burn - Tina Arena (love it)
4 - Have you ever needed someone so bad - Def Leppard
5 - Black - Pearl Jam

Five funniest songs in living memory:
1 - Don't marry her (fuck me) - Beautiful South
2 - Shut up and sleep with me - Sin with Sebastian
3 - I wanna fcuk you in the (__o__) - Outhere Brothers (This was crazy)
4 - Dur dur detre baby - Jordy (love it)
5 - All songs by Wierd Al Yankovic

Top Five Chick Songs as of now:
1 - When you're gone - The Cranberries
2 - I'm not giving you up - Gloria Estefan
3 - I'll be okay - Amanda Marshall
4 - Rocking back inside my heart - Julee Cruise
5 - Love thy will be done - Martika

Top Five Romantic Songs I can remember:
1 - I prefer the moonlight - Kenny Rogers
2 - Save the last dance for me - The Drifters
3 - Time to say goodbye - Sarah Brightman & Andrea Bocelli
4 - Stop - Sam Brown
5 - Mountain o things - Tracy Chapman

Top five Songs with the Coolest Names:
1 - Borrowed time - John Lennon
2 - Reel in the flickering light - Christy Moore
3 - Debra - Beck
4 - Ya Yo Gakk - Steve Vai
5 - Carnival of light - The Beatles

Top Five Awesomest Cover versions on my current Most Played:

Don't like cover versions

Feel free to tag yerself and let me know..

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

:)

Anonymous said...

nice list there!!!

I like quite a few songs from there....but if i'd do the tag, my list wuld be completely diff :)

Prmod Bafna said...

Hmmm nice list and quite extensive too! Glad you did the tag! :)

karmic said...

Very eclectic list man.. impressed!

teacup said...

wow...yeah, very eclectic...I dunno half of them tho:p...hmn...I don't listen that much to music...

T said...

you must have a lot of time.

jhantu said...

god did u have "all" these songs on the top of ur head??

impressive

White Magpie said...

Cherie :) Ye have become complex..

Chandni: Do the tag. Love to hear about different tastes

Prmod: Me too :)

Karmic: Take a shot at it?

Yashita: Some people write, some think and some like me listen to music :p

T: Always..for music

Jhantu: Am trying to unload half the jukebox in moi head..BTW I forgot to insert moi fav "Where do u go to moi lovely?" by Peter Sarstedt..Jest love it

karmic said...

I might at some point..

Wanderer said...

Some of the songs (the first list and second list esp) are ones I really like quite a bit.
And the funny ones were hilarious!
Nicely done tag- well segregated too! :)

Keshi said...

I love BURN by Tina Arena. U've got good taste in music.

Keshi.

Varsha said...

hmnn..neat list...don't know many of the songs though....

Anonymous said...

mmmm tasty :)
I so liked your first three lists. Haven't heard of them all but I think they'd be good given the fact others are nice.
I liked the fact that you had constrained them with setting some rules e.g. no instrumentals or indians. It sure helps pinning them down to five or so.
I personally would like to know your top 5 or even 10 best instrumentals (even though within them you could redraw new categories such as depressing, hopeful, joyful and so on).

AakASH!!! said...

Now, i used to think of myself as someone "very fond" of music. And i read your list, and think, am i really worth it.

All that i know is that your choice is very 'varied', and this is really impressive.

Will come back for more.

velvetgunther said...

You don't like cover versions? A couple of songs on your list are cover versions though. Nice to see someone who likes goodd music

Ajit Chouhan said...

Kinda eclectic...gud choice

White Magpie said...

Karmic: Great!!

Lovemarks: :)

Keshi: Ah!! That one song is special..

Varsha: Not to worry. Ye can borrow

Ejaz: Piqued yer taste buds? :) Good of you to visit. Yours was one of the earliest blogs I used to visit even before the germ of starting my own was born. I'll do the instrumental thingy too..

Aakash: No need to doubt yourself. Not possible for a single person to know each and every song..Sometimes my nephew surprises me and has that look like "You DONT KNOW this one?" hehe..Thanx for visiting me.

Velvet: Ye mean the Chantal one? I heard that one before Denver and like it mucho better. And I know Jealous Guy was done by Roxy Music too..Don't know which are originals..Welcome to the field..

Ajit: Tx n welcome..

Kayla said...

Those Weird Al videos are hilarious!
I like "Eat It" spoofing Michael Jackson and the "Smells Like Teen Spirit" spoof

Anonymous said...

Hello, White Magpie. Thanks for visiting me.

An excellent and varied list. "Reel in the Flickering light" is a great title, and a great song."

P said...

one of the more interesting tags... nice!

White Magpie said...

Kayla: Weird Al Yanks are so phunny..hehe

Winters: The Irish are the best at certain thingies..Thanks for visitin moi as well..

Perspective: Wanna do it? Eh!!

Anonymous said...

Music keeps me sane or insane as it were ;)

Share many on this list like "Vincent", "Leaving on a Jet Plane" (but P, P, and Mary version), "Save the Last Dance for Me", Sarah Brightman songs, Gloria Estafan- to name a few.
I'm going to be back and listen to some I've not heard of from your list, since we share a lot of similar taste in music. Thx!

Enemy of the Republic said...

I plan on doing the same as well, since I have just discovered some amazing kick ass music.

White Magpie said...

Silvermoon: Eeyahoo...How about attempting a shot urself?

Enemy of the republic: And u too?

Helene said...

Quite an eclectic bunch of songs! I got a comment after yours talking about choosing music to fit your current mood...

I may have to add this to my favorites so that when I am in need of a "shit/Life sucks/Ultra... or a chick song (although I think I have tons of those! lol) I can hope onto itunes for a fix!

Thanks for the comments today. It was really nice to have your thoughts!

Cheers! Kate

PS for me to attempt to list my favorites it would take me hours to really do it justice! Maybe I will come up with a few of each category and post it later this week... crediting you of course!

Enemy of the Republic said...

I keep meaning to do this and I don't. Well, actually I did a form of them on the music blog I am on with Cocaine Jesus, but it was just 12 songs for a vinyl record. I liked this tag, but never got on it. Soon.