3.18.2009

Music Down The Pines


"Everything will be okay in the end. If it is not okay, then it is not the end"

The past week has been amazingly gruelling and challenging in physical, emotional and mental terms. And amazing I say because it has happened for the first time in this century in a short span of life where I have been challenged and stretched much beyond I like. Like someone telling me for the first time in moi life that moi output has not created delight. Light as it sounds, its a personal affront for me. Doesn't matter whether the impression has been created by mindless sycophants or the jealous peer. Insight -I have not created the brand "me". Worthwhile success cannot come from a 40 hour week.

Other one was my mover and packer disappearing with the entire truckload of moi stuff from Mumbai. 4 days of sleepless nights trying to trace the truck and mindless calls back and forth, days packed with learning German, dealing with hassled boss, overbearing senior, triple the usual work and empty stomach most of the time. Insight - manage things yourself instead of delegating where it can't do. You cannot manage large opportunities if small problems bother you. Deal with it.

And yet another on the personal front which is too private to mention here.

These were the worth mentionables but I've been strangely well positioned to manage them. Maybe the yoga is working on some level. I was reluctant to even do the yoga some months back even though my instinct was pushing me towards it. One day the mind said, "There is no such thing as "One of these days". Today is the day." And off I went to the session. And immensely benefitted from it.

I had a very interesting weekend some days back with a friend. He is moi unannounced mentor in life, bumchum even though I met him in moi early primes. He said,"J-While most people dream of success, those who succeed wake up and work for it. Don't crib about things not working your way. There are a lot of smart people in the world. What will create a difference is whether you have given your best and beyond 100% for what you desire from anything. Ask what next and keep the progress on." Indeed, life is like a videogame - gets tougher as we move to the next level.

Current Music - "Chicago" - Robert Fripp and Pete Hammill


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow this post couldn't have to come to me at a better time.

I agree with your friend. I read something similar. It is one thing to dream and yet another to get up and do something about it.

Russell CJ Duffy said...

Didn't come here to comment on the Fripp/Hammil music but I simply cannot help but say what a fantastic team they briefly were and what a fabulou song this is.

Excllent!

mystic rose said...

Where did I hear things happen in threes?
Seems like a rather tough week. sometimes all you can do is hang in there, and go back to the basics.
And your friend? Friends like that happen rarely. And it isnt just luck.
That song has certainly become one of my favorites :)