9.18.2009

It's Showtime

The last few weeks have been mentally exhaustive which is totally unlike me. I mean to be bogged down by anything for long and just chewing the cud on it. I've decided to go on a movie spree on the wkend. The house is completely empty for a few days and I get to view movies with the full volume and effects on the home theatre. Movies already bought, gathering dust, I've been meaning to see for a long time and slated to play are:

The Prestige
Bitter Moon (Repeat but I can't get enough of Peter Coyote's absolute style in the movie and the complex emotions)
The Shawshank Redemption
The Reader
Milk
Dead Calm
Lost in Translation
Hostel
Little Miss Sunshine
Scarface
Full Metal Jacket (ok this is a repeat but can't resist)
UP
The Human Stain
Eyes Wide Shut

Okay, so you probably gathered by now that I am a big Kate Winslet and Nicole Kidman fan. That has nothing to do with their dropping their clothes at the whim of the Director but I am rather fascinated by the wild & crazy look in their eyes (especially Nicole). I love Anthony Hopkins for the same. After reading Hannibal and watching the movie (even though it was pathetic), I could relate Dr. Lecter with him completely. Also, Jack Nicholson emits a certain chill methinx.

Recommendations are welcome but none of the usual stuff please.

Current Music - Deep Purple - Child In Time

2 comments:

Chimera said...

Among ur picks, I love 'Lost in Translation' and 'The Reader'.i thought Milk was way too much of 'homosexuality on the sleeve' kinda movie and 'Eyes Wide Shut' is not intellectually stimulating enough.

That said here are 5 of my recommendations, if you haven't watched them already, :

- Hitchcock's The Rope
- Annie Hall (make it all Woody Allen movies)
- Requiem for a Dream
- Pan's Labyrinth
- A Streetcar Named Desire

White Magpie said...

Ah but I did see Requiem for a Dream too. Forgot to mention that. Was awesome. Let me check the others this week.