Last week, I was doing the "spring cleaning" of my wardrobe and library. As I got up after picking a book, the top of the head hit the point of the open window and I literally had what you call a "free fall". Somehow, it didn't faze me what with all this crap happening this year with me. I came (I was alone in the house that time) to after a while and mopped up the blud. The spic and span feelings were long gone. I had some leftovers from my birthday cake, wiped it with a vanilla shake and went down for a walk. After a few calming moments near KBR park, I felt like going for a drive. Damn!! No car.
Hailed an auto and said, "Chalo". (Let's go)
Auto-guy: "Kidhar?" (Where?)
Me: "Arre tum kidhar bhi chalo, lekin pehle chalo". (Take it anywhere but first let's move from here)Bad Hindi but we from Mumbai are like this only.
So off we went. I directed him to the highway towards Mumbai. After 30 minutes of straight driving and 4-5 Hindi songs:
Rickshaw guy ventured again: "Kidhar ko jaana sahab?" (Sir, where do you want to go?)
Me: "U turn le lo aur vapas chalo". (Take a U-turn)
And the song from Pukaar - Sunta hain mera khuda started playing in the background. Earlier, I'd never paid mucho attention to the lyrics, beat or Rahman's genius. Moi attention used to switch to the gorgeous Namrata Shirodkar and end there. This time was different. I was on my back with the feet hanging out of the rickshaw going deeper into the song. What a song. It ended quicker than I wanted to; just when I couldn't have enough of it.
I thundered: Vapas lagao. (Play it again)
Auto guy stops the rickshaw: Kya? (What?)
Me: Grrr. Wo gaana vapas lagao deck pe. (Play that song on the damn deck again)
Sanity resumed. The song plays again. This could very well be THE WEDDING and HONEYMOON ballad. I imagined making excruciatingly slow love to my beloved listening to the lyric,"Kaho to main tere aage, Kamar peeche gajra daale, Doloon nasheeli chaal se" and so on. The visualization of the girl wearing fresh gajra around her waist and teasing me with her swinging gait conjured golden visions behind my closed eyelids. And bigtime goose bumps. Flowers in the hair have been a turn-on for me since childhood. As a child, I used to love women wearing flowers in their freshly washed hair or otherwise. Sadly, I miss that now. Worn cotton saris loosely draped around the waist, flowers in freshly washed hair, green or red glass bangles and I am your slave. But I had never imagined a woman wearing flowers around her waist and the thought titillated me intensely. I made him play it 5-6 times more till I reached home. Could be more but I am not sure. I gave him whatever money I had in my shorts pockets, scrambled up the stairs, downloaded the mp3 from songs.pk and the video from Limewire. Transferred it to my mp3 player, burned it to DVD and CD to be heard wherever I am. Had an ice cream and a smoke. Retired to bed with the mp3 player. The head was forgotten. Next morning, the dried crusts reminded me of the little agony in the shower but then I remembered the song and played it again. And again.
I wonder how many songs I have missed due to moi timely hormonal imbalances. But this is my perfect song for now. Moi antidote and current serotonin producing formula. Abhi sirf khuda sune to sab sahi hain :)
Hailed an auto and said, "Chalo". (Let's go)
Auto-guy: "Kidhar?" (Where?)
Me: "Arre tum kidhar bhi chalo, lekin pehle chalo". (Take it anywhere but first let's move from here)Bad Hindi but we from Mumbai are like this only.
So off we went. I directed him to the highway towards Mumbai. After 30 minutes of straight driving and 4-5 Hindi songs:
Rickshaw guy ventured again: "Kidhar ko jaana sahab?" (Sir, where do you want to go?)
Me: "U turn le lo aur vapas chalo". (Take a U-turn)
And the song from Pukaar - Sunta hain mera khuda started playing in the background. Earlier, I'd never paid mucho attention to the lyrics, beat or Rahman's genius. Moi attention used to switch to the gorgeous Namrata Shirodkar and end there. This time was different. I was on my back with the feet hanging out of the rickshaw going deeper into the song. What a song. It ended quicker than I wanted to; just when I couldn't have enough of it.
I thundered: Vapas lagao. (Play it again)
Auto guy stops the rickshaw: Kya? (What?)
Me: Grrr. Wo gaana vapas lagao deck pe. (Play that song on the damn deck again)
Sanity resumed. The song plays again. This could very well be THE WEDDING and HONEYMOON ballad. I imagined making excruciatingly slow love to my beloved listening to the lyric,"Kaho to main tere aage, Kamar peeche gajra daale, Doloon nasheeli chaal se" and so on. The visualization of the girl wearing fresh gajra around her waist and teasing me with her swinging gait conjured golden visions behind my closed eyelids. And bigtime goose bumps. Flowers in the hair have been a turn-on for me since childhood. As a child, I used to love women wearing flowers in their freshly washed hair or otherwise. Sadly, I miss that now. Worn cotton saris loosely draped around the waist, flowers in freshly washed hair, green or red glass bangles and I am your slave. But I had never imagined a woman wearing flowers around her waist and the thought titillated me intensely. I made him play it 5-6 times more till I reached home. Could be more but I am not sure. I gave him whatever money I had in my shorts pockets, scrambled up the stairs, downloaded the mp3 from songs.pk and the video from Limewire. Transferred it to my mp3 player, burned it to DVD and CD to be heard wherever I am. Had an ice cream and a smoke. Retired to bed with the mp3 player. The head was forgotten. Next morning, the dried crusts reminded me of the little agony in the shower but then I remembered the song and played it again. And again.
I wonder how many songs I have missed due to moi timely hormonal imbalances. But this is my perfect song for now. Moi antidote and current serotonin producing formula. Abhi sirf khuda sune to sab sahi hain :)
Obviously, current music is: Pukaar - Sunta Hai Mera Khuda
1 comment:
Yeah thats one song i love too!! :)
Post a Comment