4.14.2010

Bangalore Travels

I winded up the interview in 45 minutes and had the entire day to myself. Senior management interviews winding up in 45 minutes worried me a little but the company is a solid one. Besides they gave me a Innova for the entire day to get a feel of Bangalore. Sort of pushy but I wasn't complaining about anything. I tried calling someone I wanted to meet but the phone went unanswered twice. So I called up someone whom I hadn't met for two years and met only once in my life in Mumbai. Ha ha. Of all the people I know in Bangalore and have known for years in my life, I don't know why I chose that one. And wonders of wonders. My friend had recently changed jobs and was in the same building. This has got to be synchronicity. There is no other word for this. We met and chatted for close to an hour. Exchanged its, bits and puffs :( And I went on to Commercial District recommended to be a nice place for idling moi engine. I could immediately see that this was not a place you ever went with girls. Even though you may not buy anything but I could probably guarantee that the girls will easily spend hours just rummaging through the stuff. Sort of like Fashion Street in the glory days.

Gobbled some juicy guavas after ages. Road side food to fill the tummy. Bought a few books too (guiltily). The job is in the bag actually. The HR person called me today regarding the offer. I am still in contemplation mode. Hyderabad has grown on me. I love the wide infrastructure, lack of pollution, value for money and the cuisine even though the social scene at times stifles moi spirit. Even the people are growing on me a little. The simplicity. Perhaps I am a wall on which anything can grow but that's how it is. I have another week to ponder about this. The company is really after moi butt to take this up and I haven't even started the negotiation process yet. Perhaps they can sense me waver.

I'm just writing for the sake of it right now.

Current music:
Aakhri Alvida

4 comments:

RiĆ  said...

the last line was cute!! :P Hope u do whats best for u.

Monika said...

need my advice take it and this time I will pick up the phone :(

Lubna said...

Bangalore, has become a lot like Mumbai. I'd say, think it over and perhaps take it up (you seem bored of Hyd). The medical facilities are good (keeping your Dad in mind). But aim your sights to returning back home to Bombay, some day....There is nothing like home.

starry said...

I think in due time Bangalore will grow on you too.