5.04.2010

The Taj and Kasab

Sometimes justice is strange. I correct myself. Justice IS strange. Finally after spending millions of rupees on Kasab, they pronounce him guilty. Why does it take so long to send someone to the chair or the noose? Especially in such an open situation. I was reading the book on the Taj shooting incident. So many details will never see the light of the day to maintain the victims privacy. A lot of women were raped by the terrorists right in front of their husbands and other hostages. Apart from the trauma of being raped, this must have affected the mental balance of a lot of people - the women, the husbands and the helpless spectators. The women for obvious reasons. The husbands for being mute spectators. And the other men for being men in the figurative sense. Not to mention the children. Ultimately, no one can be sure of his courage till the day of their death. I have no idea of what I would do in such a situation as its easy to opine once the moment has passed but it would be very difficult to live afterwards if I were a mere spectator. It isn't easy making that kind of choice in that high voltage situation with your kids being present perhaps. I am just thinking out loud here.

We need special courts to mete justice at super speed so the victims don't have have to prolong their ordeal. Or a repeat of the nineties where the cops were given a free hand to clean up the streets completely.
 

4 comments:

starry said...

I think it is better to speed up the process than give a free hand to the cops to clean up the streets, because there may be innocent victims.

RiĆ  said...

I wish i cud erase the whole incident in the first place!but right now all i hav is ager for the whole system for giving a lee way to the terrorists...i know wht will happen, he will appeal in the supreme court and the case will remain pending for a few more yrs!! Its disgusting.

Kabir said...

I think you will do alright. From your blog, you seem to be quite the stuff heroes are made of.

White Magpie said...

Starry: I somehow think everyone is a victim anyway..the killer or the killed but in such cases what's left to judge? I prefer Saudi Arabia here.

Ria: I feel this time they won't go through that route.

Kabir: Stop joshing. I like the use of the font on your site.