It WAS a long weekend. I had kept three days aside to visit different showrooms, see different models, evaluate what works best for the pocket and thrill combined et al. All in vain for what do I do? I buy the first one I lay my eyes on. In the end, I saved three days of thrill seeking and actually thrilled myself. I got my first Audi. Actually she bought me I guess. I knew there was no more to see the moment I saw her and parked my butt in. And the purr egging me on to go and see another car. It's nice to be thrilled again like a kid. I spent more time in the car than the house over the last three days methinx. The music filtering through the BOSE speakers is absolutely mindblowing and I can't seem to get enough of it.
The stressful part is unlearning the Indian driving habits. It IS painful to keep an eye on the lane, the needle, speed cameras and enjoy the ride as well. Not to mention waiting at the roundabout and LET the other guy drive ahead before you. Grrr!! Hopefully this shall grow on me soon. The tomtom scared me with its 5 beeps indicating speed cameras ahead till I realised I hadnt broken any rules unknowingly.
I wish my cousin was here with me. At times of thrill you tend to remember the people with whom you had most of the fun in your life. Even though this cousin is 9 years younger to me, we have a special connection untainted by distance, time or age. Like minds et al. I introduced him to Metallica when we used to race NFS III on the Pentium II almost 13 years back. He went on to learn the drums and now is one of the best drummers on the Indian scene for his age. All I can do now is point a direction. Some of our best trips in India have been on the spur of the moment with me honking my Palio below his building at midnight and us scooting into the night only in our shorts and tees. Be it Lonavala, Goa, Bandardhara or plain ole Madh island. Memories are for life.
Hmm, what next? Roger Waters plays here next month. I'll be there is a no brainer. Already saw Nile live in London and it was pure LSD. Seeing George Kollias in flesh on the drums was a three hour hard on. The mosh pit drew blood out of a lot of 'em. Also saw Eric Clapton which I have only dreamed of since I was a kid. My heart was tripping with Eric's strings for a few moments. It was unbelievable and not likely to be repeated again.
Lots to do in London and in life. Feeling good. This song - one of my extremely favourite trip songs says how I am feeling right now. If this doesn't get you moving, something's definitely unscrewed. Peace!!
Current music - Sa Trincha - Sa Trincha
No comments:
Post a Comment