I was in US last week. New York, Atlanta, Florida and ...Maine. New Jersey I didn't mention cause I somehow think it's part of New York itself. And Philadelphia is part of New Jersey. And so the stupid reasoning goes inexplicably in my mind. The best part was of course New York. Vibrant is one way to describe it. Felt just like Mumbai. 3 o'clock in the night but something is going on. Some part of the industry is rocking on in full spirit. It made me realize - there is something for everyone - you only need to find when's your right time. The time when you are at your peak, where you function better than anyone else.
On my last day, a girl chatted up with me in the train while I was on my way to a client meeting. Perhaps she was lonely or felt the need to just talk. Jung called it synchronicity. I don't really believe in coincidences either. Or that this happened at random. Anyway, she kicked off saying I looked nice. It turned out she was a editor of a fashion magazine and could make out who was stylish and wore well. Small talk apart, we 'coincidentally' got off at the same stop. Later she pinged me in the afternoon to catch up since we both really had nothing to do. We had a great time just idle chatting, roaming a bit around the city, not interested in the personal lives of each other but just feeding off one each other's random rants. Sometimes it feels good to just do something without any motive. I needed just that dose considering a lot was going through my mind - one of the thoughts being I dont know if I want to come here again. In the end, she dropped me to the airport and we just bid adieu without any talks of staying in touch, take care etc. It was as if we both knew how frivolous such things are so why waste time, yeah? Not that we dont have each other's contact details but why bother? One thing in common was we dont plan anything at all.
So back to London. And in a couple of days, I fly to Mumbai for a week. For some reason I feel it's going to be an epic one. My instinct is never wrong in these things. Well, as the song goes..
Current music - Que sera sera
No comments:
Post a Comment