Awareness - The Last Sin
I keep reading a lot of articles on renunciation being used by all and sundry all over the place. I need to say moi whole pound on this for one and not bother about the tuppence. I say rejoice in everything. Enjoy every moment to the maximum and live life kingsize every minute whether you are walking, sleeping, partying, leching, scratching -- everything!! Transform the mundane into something beautiful. And then indirectly, a certain renunciation starts happening in a subtle way. It cannot be done on purpose. It's a happening. You start renouncing rubbish. Foolishness. Meaningless relationships.
Jobs and work that are not fulfilling to the being. Acts where growth is not possible. And you don't do it shouting at the top of your roof. It happens on its own. Drops off is a better way to describe it. Renunciation sounds like a negative word. Awareness is a better term methinx.I visit so many blogs and find a common thread running through most of them. Everyone is pondering about the meaning of life, relationships, spewing frustration and anger at not finding the answers. Why are so many people going astray? Why can't they walk straight? Why are so many people trapped in bypaths? Everything seems so confusing. No clarity, no preceptiveness. Everyone is trying to dissect the past and predict the future. Life has to be lived brutally every moment as if it's the last moment of your life. Unless a total effort is brought into every moment, transformation is not going to take place. There is no point in being lukewarm. Lukewarm efforts towards anything are bound to fail. Transformation happens only when we put our entire energy into it. When you are boiling at a hundred degree centigrade, then you evaporate. An alchemy takes place. Then you start rising up.
A young man with a fine voice is asked to take part in a pageant play, though he tries to beg off, saying he always gets embarrassed under such circumstances. He is assured it will be very simple, and he will have only one line to say: "I come to snatch a kiss, and dart into the fray. Hark! I hear a pistol shot" and then stride offstage.
At the performance he comes onstage, embarrassed already by the tight fitting colonial knee breeches he has been made to put on at the last moment, and becomes completely unstrung at the sight of the beautiful heroine lying back on a garden seat awaiting him, in a white gown. HE clears his throat and announces," I come to kiss your snatch --no!--snatch a kiss, and dart into the dray -- I mean, fart into the gray! Hark! -- I hear a shistol pot -- no! -- a shostil pit, a pistil shit. Oh, batshit, ratshit, shit on you all! I never wanted to be in this damned play in the first place!"
We need to silence our mind. It is perfectly utilitarian in the daily life but we need to be in control to switch it off when not required. I was amazed at the plethora of thoughts that used to inundate moi mind at any given point of time. If you want to check yourself, do one exercise. Be completely true to yourself and lock yourself in a room for ten minutes with a pen and a piece of paper. And write whatever comes to your mind on that piece of paper. And read the same after some time. You will not recognize yourself. You will be surprised at the amount of crap that is generated every minute. We need to bring a silence in us. In our mind and body.
It makes life much more beautiful. It makes you aware of every small happening around you. I don't think I have reached anywhere but I can definitely say I am in a much better state of being than what I was some time ago. Sometimes the switch works and sometimes it doesn't. But progress has been made. Through meditation.
On a parting note:
A man went into a tailor's show and saw a man hanging by one arm from the center of the ceiling.
"What is he doing there?" the man asked the tailor.
"Oh, pay no attention," said the tailor, "he thinks he's a lightbulb."
"Well, why don't you tell him he's not?" asked the startled customer.
"What!" replied the tailor. "And work in the dark?"
Don't laugh. It could be you :)
16 comments:
Hmmm lovely post!! and very profound too! I too am of the opinion of living every moment to its fullest! There's just no point in letting all the vain clutter hold you down.. especially when you belong to the skies! :D
that's a good one.
I think u raise very pertinent points....I too had pondered on similar lines a while back...
But then, sometimes I feel that searching and seeking is what takes us forward as humans....it comes naturally to us doesnt it?
Calmness in the mind is extremely important...as it not only makes us look at things and life with more clarity...but also enables us to have a life well lived!
Totally agree with you on the "lukewarm" bit and that unless u give it your all, its not worth it. Sometimes, you might get some level of success with a half hearted attempt, but then, it would be meaningless personally.
:) U made my day with this one!
wow!
Beautiful post!...worth a thot!
Just that often these things are easier to say and that much harded to do!!
Guess its a matter of making conscious attempt to live life in a more relaxed, simple and peaceful manner!
"Why are so many people going astray" you ask. The number of people doing blog is still a small number compared to internet users who are a small % of population. so we cannot generalize. maybe people who are confused are the ones who blog.
Prmod: Welcome!! What's life if not to be lived completely eh?
Chandni: :) Searching and seeking is very natural to us. Growth is not possible otherwise.
Ekta: Were you hidey-ho these days? I know easier said than done but a journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step, right? Its tough but worth it. Try it in the smaller acts first. Later on it is like driving a car, changing the CD and talking on the phone at the same time.
Mahesh: Welcome. Write about me? When I am famous? :)
Amimu: Welcome here. I was not generalizing about the people. I was concerned at the large amount of people I came across who are runnin hitherto thiterto without direction, bloggers or otherwise. And nopes, no grain of truth there in saying confused people are the ones who blog.
Well!
I think it's important that people question themselves and seek answers. That's the first step towards coming back on to the track. :)
As for people going astray, there are as many who don't. :)
you write a lot of sense and i admire what you say and agree with virtually all of it. the one huge problem is though is the randomness of life and living. the desire to live one day, no one minute at a time should be every ones watch word and if we all were given a clean sheet i'm sure most of us would BUT, the problem is far bigger than that. especially when you are caught in a situation, not of your making, and you have people who depend on you and a system that doesn't want or allow you to behave in a way that doesn't conform to it then you are really buggered. maybe only temporarily but nonetheless unable to live life in quite the way you describe.
Well Magpie...well written....I think its important to just let life be...and as they say..not jump out of bed everyday with a go getter attitude..it about finding happiness..in those string of things that give Life a pattern called LIFE!!
Nice post. People just need to step back and take things a bit easy.
Mr. Magpie.
The people who talk about life , meaning, purpose etc etc are the ones who have lot of time on their hands and money earned by their forefathers. People who sit in the office till 9pm and come at 9am and earn a big fat packet are the ones who are frustrated and confused. You go to any satsangs or those courses provided by god men and you will find all the people belong to the rich category.
Its so silly because so many people would go their arms and legs to be the position as you and other such life truth seekers. Instead of pondering over life meaning and purpose they should look at the child begging at the red light signal and be happy.
How does it matter if there is meaning or not. At the end nothing matters.
Hey you and yours ok there in Bombay?
Blue: Some :)
Cocaine Jesus: I agree. Everyone has their set of problems. The article was based on moi observations. I feel we do not give our complete, undivided attention to anything today. That leads to what I spoke about.
Shikha: We live, we learn.
Karmic: The Eagles way :).
Cynicalcount: That sure was cynical. Agreed, philosophy is a byproduct of affluence for most. You couldn't be more right. But if we stop wondering and questioning, we would be dead. Doubting and questioning leads to tremendous improvement personally. methinx. I am not going to be happy looking at the child begging at the red light signal nor am going to give him tuppence. Would rather teach him to do something worthwhile so he doesnt beg all his life.
Who has seen the end to say whether it matters or not?
Karmic: Thankfully am fine and so are near ones. Thanks :)
wow...nice post! and better still sincce I need that silence!! I think too much and yes, I keep going backk:)...but I am tryin to find that switch...this is one post I am going to reread! I likeed the analogy with boilin water...so true..thanks!
Fantastic post! Intellectual, perceptive, original, and peppered with a sage humor.
BTW, I am not at the site I told you about. I"m back at blogspot and staying put!
(This is Silvermoon. I'm also going by my original blogname of GEL; it's shorter to type.)
Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP Access internet missouri service order butalbital prescription price Perfumes industry licenses Imitrex without prescription Services include business incorporation College credit for project management pmi certification Davidson harley hummer 5bbuy tramadol 5d Fetcherv.com pay per click search engine order butalbital tablet Is bentyl similar to ultram Tramadol canine 2005 dodge durango slt for sale Free ebony lesbian movies Obtain ligally butalbital want to order butalbital buy butalbital online dream pharmaceutical butalbital+medication+pain Community health one plan preferred 15discount ultram
That's a great story. Waiting for more. http://www.domain-name-hosting-8.info cash advance personal loan njfastcash.com Tadalafil discount
Post a Comment