Gawd!! It's been close to 4 months since I wrote anything. A lawt has changed as I can see. Having to use google ID to login mandatorily which I don't like definitely. The last 4 months have been busy - ees an understatement. My move to Bangalore got curtailed. Infy couldn't lure me. Family ties tied me in Mumbai no matter how lucrative Bangalore and eventually US or Europe would have been. That provided an insight - moi heart still beats in the right place. I was of the thought it's frozen forever and nothing moves it from its place. And then the work. Attacking it with fresh vigour really got the adrenalin moving faster than before. And then some time doing nothing but getting all the back logs of life in place. Body, mind, close ties and life in that order. So here I am fresh from all moi travels the latest being a 4 day short trip to Paris.
The Eiffel looks good at night but is vastly overrated. St.Sulphice should ideally be one of the wonders of the world. The beauty and artwork is awesome. It's just not possible for anyone to create that kind of magnificient architecture which requires continuity over years. It took 145 years to complete the church and the South Tower aint built yet. The Louvre, Champ Elysees et al took a little more time and I am back home. Oh and the Mona Lisa is..well..I'll leave it at that. I must say basking in the sunlight and feeding the pigeons with the temperature 11 degrees has a different charm of its own.
Just let the moments take moi heart away all this time.
It's good to be back..
14 comments:
Paris...hmnn...I most certainly envy you:(
finally some words out of you!!!
I was begining to think u have faded somewhere stuck in the big bad world of work!
Well, good to have you back! One small question...why St Sulpice...why not the Notre Dam as the wonder of the world? Indulge me :-)
BTW, join the club of disgruntled users who loath that mandatory login business with google id! And it doesn't even remember the user name or password for the next time! *Gnashes teeth*
Yashita: :(
Chandni: Nawt at all. And am on google most of the time. so accessible :)
Nautilus: Notre Dam is nothing in caps compared to the St. Sulphice...The artistry, imagination and artwork is incomparable. You can actually feel the artiste' heart beating in St.Sulphice. I could go on and on but you have to see it.
And yeah this new thingy sucks at blogger..
we were there last may. fantastic city and is so admire they way that the french simply WILL NOT allow anyone to build above a certain heigth
welcome back... paris i am really jealous
and ya agreed the sign in think really sucks
when i tell ppl that Eiffel is highly overated,they call it blasphemy!
and I love Notre Dame - ah! reminds me of my climb to the top of it and staring at the cute gargolyes.
CJ: So good to hear from ye. Yes - the architecture is beautiful.
Monika: :) I like green. lol..
Chimera: Hmmph!! People see and believe I guess. Mething Hafeez Contractor could also build the Tower given the bandwidth ;)
you are becoming good at the disappearing act..talk about it!huh:)
always wanted to go to Paris- still haven't managed... :(
ps: it's Sulpice not Sulphice. The sundial thingy/gnomon is worth a dekko!
pps: Hiya back again! Idharich thi...par thoda sa bhatak gayi thi... :)
Glad to see a post again. Something strange is happening in blog world, all my blog pals including you, dont' post that much anymore - I don't either. Maybe we are suffering from blog burnout?
Lovemarks: Merci ;)
&
Dusty:
Yaar ne dil ka haal bataana chodh diyaa,
Humne bhi gehrai main jaana chodh diyaa,
Jab unko hi duriyon ka ehssas nahin,
To humne bhi ehssas dilanaa chhod diyaa
;)
I love Paris! I even found the people to be lovely there. I will post more about the psychic soon. I am getting some pressure to do a podcast... if I can figure out how do actually make one, I may post the session. (well bits and pieces of it at least! lol)
Post a Comment