Last evening at the local pub, the 4 of us. Noisy and boisterous. 2 guys, 1 gurl and 1 gurl. The last being demure (read quiet). Jokes and ribaldy ensued naturally. The other guy trying to pull the demure one out of her shell. Being funny, serious, thoughtful didn't impress. 4 drinks later the conversation moved from work, sex, music and books to philosophy. Naturally. The guy quotes "Happiness is the absence of pain". The vague shape of Osho's beard loomed in the cigarrette smoke.
Out of the blue came the repartee from the demure one "Happiness is the maximum agreement between reality and desire".
I choked.
Salud!! Mother Russia.
8 comments:
ha ha ha ha... that was a good one... total googli...
Very profound indeed!!
You're in Russia?? I thought I was going to travel with you as your personal scribe...what happened to that??!! :-)
Lol..naw..The statement was originally made by Stalin. Hence the salud to Russia. Personal scribe eh..Be careful lest ye get wot ye wish for :)
I am in NY morrow. You still in Seattle? Brrrrrrr
wow !!! that was well said
Seattle is not that cold...in fact its positively warm here...very summery! Why do people go to NY all the time???!!
Wal!! Microsoft is yet not ready to do business with us and Wamu well..it sucks as well lol..
Banks are in NY and thats where I have to be...Seattle and summer..Ah..good times..The weather in NY was awesome as well..I am back in Mumbai tho..
:)
Has has phatichar ;) welcome!!
Post a Comment