12.17.2008

It's a Tough World with Rays of Light

I don't recollect if I mentioned this but moi company is extra paranoid about information security. They have done something to the laptop which does not allow me to play mp3. Forget about playing, it does not allow the user to do anything once it detects the mp3 extension i.e. extract, download, play :( Likewise for all file extensions other than wma..It doesn't even allow me to copy mp3 from CD to hard drive. So the magpie was quite morose for some days.
Sunday - Went to exhibition. Bought DVD worth 200 bucks and contains 12 movies.
Monday night - Brainwave after shambhavi mudra :) Downloaded VLAN player and voila...I could at least play the movies.
After SEVEN, I saw SNATCH..Gawd!! I haven't laughed so much for ages. It was hilarious. I just LOVE the Brit accent. And the cast was fantastic. Finally slept at 3.
But I still haven't figured a way around the mp3 block...

8 comments:

Monika said...

oh that is so sad... i just cant work without music in the background

Dreamcatcher said...

Both are fantastic movies :)

starry said...

Realy sad that you canot play your mp3.hope they do something about it and allow u to listen to some music.

Anonymous said...

no music- bummer!
Thx for movie review
and elated you can access my website again! Enjoyed your comments.

Anonymous said...

Oh, all of my posts reveal something about me. The current post is perhaps moreso than others...

White Magpie said...

Monika: Kuch kar.

DreamCatcher: Absolutely...Am watching "The Score" and "The Italian Job" after this.

Starry: Make a wish for me :(

Gel: Finally I can. It's been a struggle but worth it :)

Arunima said...

hum bhi dekhenge!

Dreamcatcher said...

Arey, I signed in to comment on this post.
At www.elucidations.wordpress.com