The quagmire I was stuck in is slowly clearing up. I am travelling to Chennai for a couple of days starting next Monday. Some place called Okkiam Thoraipakkam. And I thought I knew the names of all the places in India. Well almost all. This phase seems to be the blaupunkt of my career in this company so far. The Singapore trip will probably remove the rust on my passport accumulated in the last 8 months. And Mumbai suddenly seems possible too in the fag end of September. The Spore is happening in the second week of October. Ah!! Finally some activity. Time to get the Cheshire grin back to the face and remove the cat stubble.
The traffic police in Hyderabad seem to be OBSESSED with their cell phones. They are constantly chattering on the phone and managing the flow as well. One of them had the gall to request if he could see my phone while we were arguing about me breaking the light. The touch screen apparently fascinated him. And saved me a hundred bucks possibly too. I've met and made some impossibly personal conversation with strangers of all ages here in Hyderabad on myriad topics but making those couple of good friendships is eluding me. Sometimes it makes evenings a tad drab. Well, it's time to revert to the old trick of not thinking too much of something and letting it happen.
I find SPAR a fundoo place to shop for groceries. Almost international in touch and feel. Vegetables? Check. Fruits? Check. Non veg? Check. And I don't feel icky buying the crabs and fish. Amazingly, it stocks booze too. What else on a Saturday grocery jaunt, eh? Maybe it could include a massage on the side but I am not complaining, really. I visited GVK mall the other day and wonders of wonders, ALDO has opened a store. I don't have to visit 34th St, NY to buy those boots anymore. I pinched moiself when I saw it.
So all in all, its getting peppery just the way I like it. Speaking of which I recently started mixing pepper in the tea. Tastes divine to me. Especially early morning, reading the newspaper on the swing and listening to the sitar notes. Or Pandit Jasraj. These days listening to my favourite music gives me goose bumps. I can feel the ecstacy wave travelling from my forearms and rising to the neck. I think there is something happening within. Which reminds me to mention this strange incident.
I visited the large South Indian temple in Film Nagar on the weekend. I stay maybe 5 minutes away on foot but had never visited it. I am not a big fan of temples etc. It is really beautiful from inside and very thoughtfully made in terms of architecture and cleanliness unlike the temples I have seen in Mumbai. I visited almost all the smaller sections dedicated to each God but when I was with the Shiva ling, something happened (I've always been a big Shiva fan). My throat choked up (a sensation similar to the one I had while watching the movie "Life is Beautiful") and tears started to flow continuously. I don't have words to describe what I felt nor did I want to question how or why. Stayed in that state for quite some time. Later, I gave the coconut to the priest who saw it all and took his offered blessings. He muttered something nervously in Telugu. It was like listening to a news broadcast on the radio at a low volume. I nodded to him and went home.
The traffic police in Hyderabad seem to be OBSESSED with their cell phones. They are constantly chattering on the phone and managing the flow as well. One of them had the gall to request if he could see my phone while we were arguing about me breaking the light. The touch screen apparently fascinated him. And saved me a hundred bucks possibly too. I've met and made some impossibly personal conversation with strangers of all ages here in Hyderabad on myriad topics but making those couple of good friendships is eluding me. Sometimes it makes evenings a tad drab. Well, it's time to revert to the old trick of not thinking too much of something and letting it happen.
I find SPAR a fundoo place to shop for groceries. Almost international in touch and feel. Vegetables? Check. Fruits? Check. Non veg? Check. And I don't feel icky buying the crabs and fish. Amazingly, it stocks booze too. What else on a Saturday grocery jaunt, eh? Maybe it could include a massage on the side but I am not complaining, really. I visited GVK mall the other day and wonders of wonders, ALDO has opened a store. I don't have to visit 34th St, NY to buy those boots anymore. I pinched moiself when I saw it.
So all in all, its getting peppery just the way I like it. Speaking of which I recently started mixing pepper in the tea. Tastes divine to me. Especially early morning, reading the newspaper on the swing and listening to the sitar notes. Or Pandit Jasraj. These days listening to my favourite music gives me goose bumps. I can feel the ecstacy wave travelling from my forearms and rising to the neck. I think there is something happening within. Which reminds me to mention this strange incident.
I visited the large South Indian temple in Film Nagar on the weekend. I stay maybe 5 minutes away on foot but had never visited it. I am not a big fan of temples etc. It is really beautiful from inside and very thoughtfully made in terms of architecture and cleanliness unlike the temples I have seen in Mumbai. I visited almost all the smaller sections dedicated to each God but when I was with the Shiva ling, something happened (I've always been a big Shiva fan). My throat choked up (a sensation similar to the one I had while watching the movie "Life is Beautiful") and tears started to flow continuously. I don't have words to describe what I felt nor did I want to question how or why. Stayed in that state for quite some time. Later, I gave the coconut to the priest who saw it all and took his offered blessings. He muttered something nervously in Telugu. It was like listening to a news broadcast on the radio at a low volume. I nodded to him and went home.
Current Music: Jimmy Cliff - I Can See Clearly Now
2 comments:
I'll return to read.
Meanwhile, this song has always been one that gives me direction. Hope it's doing that for you, too.
-gel
Indeed. It has been my signature tune in college and later too.
Post a Comment