2.04.2010

The Runaway Train

Have you ever known people whom you have never met in person but who have affected you deeply and then disappeared completely? It could be via chat, phone or anything else. I am not talking only about love affairs here. Rather I would exclude those from this subject right now. And those are always the intelligent ones with a really mad streak which you can detect at times during the conversation. That really attractive mad streak. I was recently reading "Timepass" - a sort of autobiography of Protima Bedi (Pooja Bedi's mother and Kabir Bedi's ex-wife). What a mad utterly bold character. She reminded me of this lass from Texas whom I used to chat with in the early internet days, ex-girlfriend of one of the band members of Lynnrd Skynnrd and partly working with the US army. She had that fiery streak, that unpredictability which I could sense even across the modem, that insanity as part of her regular personality which was quite intriguing. Suddenly one day she left her boyfriend of 5 years telling him he bored her, packed her bags and went to UK. Fucked around quite a bit, came back and shifted to Seattle. Got deep into massage therapy, a little bit of shamanism, fucked around a lot again, came back for sometime to her parents in Texas for some healing and got lost in Seattle again. Breaking a lot of hearts on the way. Guys absolutely besotted with her. Doing quite a bit of weird things to get her back. Ah those long write-ups. I don't know what happened to her after that. You see I lost her email password.

Protima reminded me of her yesterday. It's best not to wonder sometime.

2 comments:

Arunima said...

yes, I know exactly what you mean. your post reminded me of a friend who has gone into oblivion. She ran away from home and worked in Bangalore for sometime then moved to Dubai to go to Canada is what she said. Not in any networkign site, no email nothing. Hope she is doing well wherever she is.

gel said...

Phases of our lives- mystery, intrigue, concern, dreaming- so many connections...
I'm glad you enjoyed that for a while with her.

**In an uncanny twist of fate a woman I went to high school with may be who you are looking for. Email me her name and if so, I have a public email that could be...