Well, thank God for blogs. Or whoever started them. At least its an outlet to let loose your thoughts. Somedays they take the form of poetry and sheer creativity. On other days they are venomous. And yet some other days are bland like noodles. Whatever form they take, all that is reflected is the writer's current mental state at that particular time. Unless of course, he or she has written it and posted later. And I am no different. Usually it is typing something in a notepad, pasting it in the blog, a little bit of formatting and voila. No elaborate preparation or thoughts go into it. Unless I am looking for specific feedback which I have done a couple of times during the early blogging days.
I am learning to cook these days. And immensely enjoying it. Just the possibility of the taste altering by different usage and quantity of spices excites me. Not to mention the amount of experimentation which can go into making an omlette. Too bad I don't know the English names for some of the things I use or I could whip up a nice recipe here.
So far in my life I have never "prepared" for anything. Prepared as in done the groundwork, analysis, elaborate thought process and pain to achieve the end result. And this is true in everything I have done so far - relationships, work, education, growing up, health, wealth and everything else. I've never laid the groundwork for pataoing a girl. I've never sown the seeds for working on what I want to do in my life. I've never done adequate batting for impressing my boss. I've never done the necessary thing to amass wealth. Ditto for education. It has all been a pure gut feel so far. And it has served me well in about 70% of my life changing decisions so far. And the other minor ones too. Today I feel that for being capable of handling anything in your life, you need to invest that time and effort. At least in the early portion of life which decides what happens to you later. For causing a change in what you want and getting the result, immense planning and focus is necessary. Only then something will flower. Decide what you want and go completely after it. And this insight came to me via cooking. These days I am taking a shot at doing all the things I used to hate earlier.
No point in rueing about how some of the things in life have turned out so far but like cooking, I have set across to strengthen myself and invest in time to lay those bricks which will hold my building ready later down in life.
A very poignant and immensely powerful sentence consisting of two words was shared with me - "Be Straight". The first was in one of Jaggi Vasudev's books. The other by a very close yet so far person. It is extremely important to be completely straight with yourself in what you want at any juncture in life. No dicing, dithering, beating around the bush, refusing to accept whats in your face, covering the unsaid and so on. And it can be anything in life - money, sex, love, fame, spirituality et al. As long as you are honest that this is what you want and willing to pay whatever the price, you will go end up getting completely screwed in the latter stages. Entangled. Confused. Schizophrenic. And too late for anything.
Current Music: Pink Floyd - What do you want from me?
I am learning to cook these days. And immensely enjoying it. Just the possibility of the taste altering by different usage and quantity of spices excites me. Not to mention the amount of experimentation which can go into making an omlette. Too bad I don't know the English names for some of the things I use or I could whip up a nice recipe here.
So far in my life I have never "prepared" for anything. Prepared as in done the groundwork, analysis, elaborate thought process and pain to achieve the end result. And this is true in everything I have done so far - relationships, work, education, growing up, health, wealth and everything else. I've never laid the groundwork for pataoing a girl. I've never sown the seeds for working on what I want to do in my life. I've never done adequate batting for impressing my boss. I've never done the necessary thing to amass wealth. Ditto for education. It has all been a pure gut feel so far. And it has served me well in about 70% of my life changing decisions so far. And the other minor ones too. Today I feel that for being capable of handling anything in your life, you need to invest that time and effort. At least in the early portion of life which decides what happens to you later. For causing a change in what you want and getting the result, immense planning and focus is necessary. Only then something will flower. Decide what you want and go completely after it. And this insight came to me via cooking. These days I am taking a shot at doing all the things I used to hate earlier.
No point in rueing about how some of the things in life have turned out so far but like cooking, I have set across to strengthen myself and invest in time to lay those bricks which will hold my building ready later down in life.
A very poignant and immensely powerful sentence consisting of two words was shared with me - "Be Straight". The first was in one of Jaggi Vasudev's books. The other by a very close yet so far person. It is extremely important to be completely straight with yourself in what you want at any juncture in life. No dicing, dithering, beating around the bush, refusing to accept whats in your face, covering the unsaid and so on. And it can be anything in life - money, sex, love, fame, spirituality et al. As long as you are honest that this is what you want and willing to pay whatever the price, you will go end up getting completely screwed in the latter stages. Entangled. Confused. Schizophrenic. And too late for anything.
Current Music: Pink Floyd - What do you want from me?
6 comments:
ok, would it be too cliched to say that I am like that too.I never planned anything in life - relationships, career, even the move to US! sometimes i do see others who wanna have 2 kids by 35 n house by 40 etc. i hope feel i wont be happy if i make a planned attempt at anything. i njoy it thoroughly only if it is impromptu.well even i got into cooking aise hi.lemme know wat r the ingridient names u r looking for, i can help u :)
Chi: The point is are you happy now. Do you feel you have done whatever you wanted and could do with your potential..say when you were 23 you must have thought by 35I will do this this and that. If yes, great. I've not and this was just a self realization of what was necessary to do so and what is required now.
If someone wants to make a big change, a full fledged effort is necessary and that requires some focussed thinking too. Otherwise, for changing the grocery store, which movie to watch, spending money on the 4000 bucks shoes doesnt require much :)
I'll catch you for the ingredient names..Let me write down the hindi names.
" Decide what you want and go completely after it. And this insight came to me via cooking." this was an interesting point and the last para was really powerful.
this is something i learnt from the husband. he is very straight. Took a cut in his salary for the job profile he wanted and started from scratch. He is doing evry well now as he enjoys what he is doing. even though he comes late, he is damn satisfied and he said the same about me too that he was focussed on marrying me and he did.
A: That's how it is na. Once you are doing something that you want totally, nothing disturbs your focus. Sweat in peace, bleed less in war..
:) to the marrying part.
Wonderful attitude to move forward and learn. It's what fuels me, too. Cooking is a cool venture and you can literally taste the benefits :), plus share them with others.
Recently, I joined a jazz and blues group, not as a performer, but as a social outlet to see/hear the musicians in person while enjoying the company of others who also love that music and hearing their opinions and life experiences.
It's a new venture for me- well sort of. In younger years, I went to concerts but I haven't done so in over ten years. I'll be hearing Keiko play jazz piano. (She's got quite a reptution on U tube.)The other person I will hear soon is not that well known but I don't care as long as the music is well done.
Wowie..you joined a jazz group. Thats motivation for me to pick the pluck instrument. Have been yearning to do that for long now..
Post a Comment