8.09.2010

Of Women On Women

And I must write about women here. The range of lookers is bizarre - from extremely dishy to the maniacal but lookers nevertheless. Some of the Goth apes look great too in their own way. All independent and in a rush on weekday and sunning themselves on the bench outside the station on the weekend. Cigarrette in hand and pet muse on another. Hormone hacked most of the time too :) Very expressive physically which might be attributed to the climate. Piccadilly Circus must definitely be one area where many a man goes home feeling much lighter with his better half. I saw this chic walking with 11 bags filled with clothes. I counted to be sure. What a place.



But speaking of women remind me of this Coco Chanel quote "I don't know why women want any of the things men have when one of the things that women have is men". I love women. Period :). The other day I was thinking about the trials women go through in different phases of their life - menstruation, mental stress, menopause and of course men. And if they have a man who appreciates all that and makes them feel loved accordingly, great. If not, that is another trial to pass. Of course there is pregnancy and children for some, juggling jobs and children at the same tie and for the really unlucky - in laws living with them. All these combined make me feel that every woman should be some rewarded / awarded something by the Government for making the world so much comfortable inspite of 'men'. And that too in time while they can still enjoy and have full movement. My personal one would be (if I could afford) to give each one of them a cash rich year completely free to do everything that they want without the daily worries.

I cringe now when I think about the amount of mothers who keep on sacrificing, sacrificing and yet some more and eventually kick the bucket tired, brow beated and completely exhausted. And then the relatives talk about how good she was. Back home before I flew to London, I attended a funeral of one of my aunts - one I genuinely loved who passed away suddenly at a young age. During her funeral I could hear all the relatives singing praises, weeping truckloads of tears and doing the usual. It made me sick. I cursed them then and there itself - "Where the fuck were you guys when she was ill on the bed? How many times did you visit her and make her comfortable? And not to mention the amount of times you have back bitten her for some shitty reason or other. Stop this fucking pretense. All of you mother fuckers make me puke." There was a stunned silence and my Dad tried to pull me aside and then gave up. He knew the more he would try to stop me the more I would open up all their secrets. One of my relatives had the gall to ask me," So how many times did you come to visit her?" I told him,"Bastard, I came 4 times in 3 months and stayed for 2 days each. It's not about the number of times but the thought that counts. You people shunned her completely. She had cancer not some disease which would kill all of you. But no, who will take the trouble of visiting her - she who gave her entire life helping all of you in some way or the other. And some of you bastards haven't even made it to her funeral. Stop asking me bullshit questions and at least look after your own parents. Hopefully this should be a wake up call. I hope none of you guys wake up one day at your folk's funerals and are too late even though you deserve it."

Maybe this incident stemmed those deep thoughts on women. Or maybe it triggered memories of my mother whose flame extinguished because of lack of oxygen. But something sure did. For all those out there, a big kiss and this special dedication.



Current Music - John Lennon - Woman



On a lighter note, spotted this in Chennai




2 comments:

RiĆ  said...

I am a bit overwhelmed after reading this post....never seen any guy ever write such a thought provoking post.

When i started reading this post i thought this wud b one of those usual rants on women! But u took me totally by surprise. Kudos to you for writing this post. And i m sure ur mom must be a proud mother.

Yes, its better to realise a few things in life before its too late. Thanks a lot for writing this post. And i hope more ppl get to read this.

Swathi Sambhani aka Chimera said...

hmm...i think on the thot of ' one of them a cash rich year completely free to do everything that they want without the daily worries.' , i would say i am njoying that except that i make my own cash :) and i truly do what i want to :) on the other hand, u should have said 1 year without PMS :) now that is something i would look fwd to