Obviously I am not settling in correctly if I am awake and online even at 11.30 in the night. Or it could be that I don't need much sleep these days. The first two weeks in Central London were fantastic. The summer helped the exuberant spirit of most too. The city was alive even at 11 in the night. People would just sit outside the station till the light faded out and do their own thing. Everything changes as you move away from the center. Life becomes slower, people start doing the disappearing act from the streets, shops close by 8 and the frame moves in slow motion. The farther you go towards the edge of the city, the closer it brings you to the edge. Personally speaking I am all for the calm countryside, the greenery, sounds of nature et al. The bug is that there is no one out to enjoy these things. People want to enjoy the serenity sitting inside their house. What the fuck is this meant to be when I return home by 5.30 p.m. and am the only person walking on the street? LoL and it isn't even winter.
So I chat with my house mate sometime till the light in either one's eyes fade or am on the internet on other days till I force myself to take a 'nap' in the night. Forcing yourself to sleep especially when you are in a extremely calm surrounding is almost like regression therapy. There are no sounds outside like in India to disturb the mind so it automatically goes into silent mode and the subconscious takes over. At least for me. And you remember incidents you have forgotten or it gently invokes the tenderest moments with exquisite gentleness. To ensure you don't run by them too fast this time like you did when they actually happened. And the buggery of it is that sometimes its so delicate that you actually wake up and end up picking the blackberry to look at the time and go back to it. LoL.
These days I turn off the lights when Australia wakes up. The time on bed is actual silence. I don't have to cover my eyes to experience actual darkness 'cause the mind switches off its chatter on its own. I don't know if it makes sense to anyone who reads me but hey, my blog and all that.. :) So my house mate was telling me about the things you need to be careful while buying a house, renting a property, UK tax laws, her job frustration and how she wants to move from the fashion industry to finance. Quite a jump I think but it's the need of the hour. Contrary to what people think, finance is the one industry where you can make money even in the crisis especially if you work in anything but the back office. Do whatever in life but try not to work in the back office of a company in a developed nation if you want to be assured of a steady flow of income and growth.
If your current company shut down and you had to actually change your industry, what would your choice or back up be?
Current Music: Madonna - Give It To Me
5 comments:
my choice would be teaching ... any day !
these days, i find silence stiffling .... there are memories i want to forget, but silence revokes them .... i have to fight extra hard to not remember.
Hi!How are you doing.I don't like the silence too,it is a little erie at times.nothing like the sound of the city waking up.
Oh i wud love to get into the food industry...but that's just a wish.
Teaching is really something that not everyone can do. That's something for the self assured.
Starry: So far so good. I much prefer the silence with a little bit of the city on the wkend :) Looks like I am in the wrong place hehe..
Ria: Wishes are fulfilled when the stomach is full..Dream on :)
i think i wud love to wind up everything and jus move to NYC or paris n try my luck at writing!sigh~
Post a Comment